Our Core Beliefs
- God designed the family. He patterned the church after the family. God sent his son so that we could be a part of His family.
- Children thrive when they grow up in a family. The family is the most important unit in the community. Strong families mean strong communities.
- Poverty and lack of resources are not reasons for a child to be separated from their family and put into an orphanage.
- Decades of research have established that children who grow up in institutionalized care have significant disadvantages from children who grow up in families. This includes higher risk for suicide, criminal behavior, susceptibility to trafficking, poor education, and less job success.
- It is time for a shift from orphanage based care to family based care in developing countries. This means funneling our time and resources towards developing family and community programs designed to keep families together.
- To decrease the number of vulnerable children in Kampala through innovative assistance programs designed to strengthen the family unit. Strong families equal strong communities.
- To empower the community to grow and develop through education and outreach.
- To increase individual responsibility and decrease reliance on external assistance. Ultimately, all of our programs will lead to independence.
- To lead the transformation in the framework of care for vulnerable children from orphanage based care to family based care.
Wow! We are so excited to see how God worked all of this together. He is the Master Planner!! We will be praying daily for you and contributing monthly to help you. We are just thrilled to be a part of this amazing ministry- saving precious babies’ lives! May God bless you!!
Dear Matt & Kelly,
We wanted to make contact and introduce ourselves. Our names are Matt and Anneliese Reeves. We are Christians from Newcastle Australia, and God has been speaking to us for several years about establishing an organisation whose primary focus is aimed at equipping and partnering with those in the mission field. Our heart is to see community transformation through programs of empowerment such as rescuing babies and children and caring for the marginalised. We aim to do this through advocacy on behalf of organisations such as yours, as well as building partnerships and providing prayer, physical and financial support by building donor bases and ongoing income development strategies.
Just to give you some background on who we are; we have been married for sixteen years, we have 5 children, ranging in age from 2 years to 15 years old. We are passionate about fulfilling the call of God on our lives and assisting others to do the same. We love the local church and seeing it impact its community and the nations. We are part of the executive leadership team (unpaid) at our church (part of the Australian Christian Churches denomination). We currently oversee training and culture for our volunteers as well as logistics and hospitality, but have an extensive ministry background in all areas of church leadership and ministry roles.
Matt has a corporate background in Law, finance, marketing, business development, fundraising and education. He has worked for many not for profit organisations in these areas and as well as his undergrad and post-grad degrees, he has also attended bible college. Matt is passionate about equipping organisations so that they can fulfill their God given calling within the business and church sectors.
Anneliese currently works for a local church as their community outreach and resource coordinator. As well as this, she is in the process of completing a Bachelor of Social science degree, majoring in international development and cultural studies. Anneliese’s skillset is highly organisational with a special interest in mobilisation, training and equipping volunteers as well as being a passionate communicator. Corporately, Anneliese has extensive marketing and event management experience as well as a background as an executive assistant.
God has given us a heart for Africa, which was confirmed on a previous short term mission trip to Uganda in 2010. We believe that in time we will relocate our family to Africa on a longer term basis. However, God has impressed on us to start this organisation now to build partnerships with like-minded people and organisations. We believe that we have a lot to offer in terms of potentially growing your ministry and its impact. Once we have established our organisation and formed initial partnerships, we will be looking at travelling to Africa in 2015 to develop these relationships further.
Through our research, Neema house has stood out to us as potentially being one of similar values and vision and we would love to hear from you as to whether this is something you would be interested in exploring. We also noted on the tanzaniaorphan help website that there is a partnership with Neema house Geita, however their website and the Groen’s don’t seem to be up and running? Is this the case?
Thanks for your time. We are praying for you in all that you’re doing.
Matthew & Anneliese Reeves
M: +61 400448831
W: http://www.livelifeloud.com.au (under construction)